Day 30 – 26th November

Today hs been mostly about waiting for results to try and get to the bottom of what happened yesterday evening. Thomas has been kept under paralysing drugs until about 3pm to let him rest and recouperate. Once he woke ups, small ventilation changes were made but nothing too big for now. He needs to get over what ever caused him to have this setback and get him back down slowly to his lower ventilation settings.

There is a plan to look down his airways tomorrow using a bronchoscope to see if he is not tolerating lower ventilation due to his tracheobronchomalacia.

Leave a reply