Day 67- 2nd Jan

Still working on ventilation weaning.

After a long discussion with Thomas’ lead consultant, it has been decided to take things very slowly in terms of his ventilation weaning to give him the best chance of getting him extubated. So he will have very small tweaks every 4 hours with the aim of seeing if we can get him on lower settings, and if he doesn’t tolerate it, to see the exact point that he doesn’t.

It has also been decided to leave his sedation medication alone as he is completely dependent on it. This is something we’ve been asking for now for a while. This will let us know if his failure to extubate is because of his airway issues or if it could be sedation related.

Slowly is the plan…fine with us! After 10 weeks in, we’re in no rush!

Leave a reply